Friday, May 11, 2012

more wit and wisdom from my 3 yr old

so lately Selah is very interested in the idea of getting married. She doesn't care who her suitor is, either Aaron, myself, or more often, her 2 ft tall homer simpson doll, who she now refers to as her "husband". She knows there is a priest involved, you walk down an aisle, say i do and kiss each other. I think she's just in it for the party though, because after the kiss she always asks, "so now, where's the dance floor?" (clearly she's ready to bust a move!)

I asked her what she's supposed to do after she gets married. Her response?
" Now I have to go saw something."
 ???

For those of you unfamiliar with the pixar movie "Up" there is a scene after the two get married where they go to fix up their dream house and it shows the bride, still in her wedding dress, sawing some wood for the house. logical conclusion :)
If she ever asks what people do on their honeymoon, I guess I can just tell her that they build houses.

The scene from the movie is below, within the first minute. Warning though, if you watch the whole clip, it gets a little sad, and it will make you want to watch the whole movie to feel better :)

1 comment:

Mary Colabella said...

ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!! THAT'S OUR GIRL, SELAH GRACE!!!! love, nana